Helping Your Congregation Meet the Challenges (& Maximize the Opportunities) of Aging
Many faith leaders and lay leaders face issues related to the aging of their congregants. As congregants grapple with spiritual and existential issues, they may turn to their faith community as they tackle challenges ranging from caregiving, dementia, or end of life decisions. Also, a plethora of opportunities exist to engage your older congregants. This workshop is designed raise a range of issues and prepare clergy and lay leaders to engage with congregants navigate aging.
Join us to
- Describe an overview of our aging society and demonstrate how changing demographics will permanently impact your work
- Discuss selected implications of the aging trend
- Examine family caregiver dynamics to help clergy and lay leaders better support congregants with eldercare responsibilities
- Identify resources and the types of services available for people who wish to age in their homes and communities but may not know where to turn
- Discover creative opportunities to engage older congregants